*Centre Manager, Resolve Program
Penrith / Orange
- Work with a large Community Managed Organisation and help people make a positive difference in their lives
- Attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to salary sacrifice $$$
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
Flourish Australia is seeking two proactive and self motivated Centre Managers to manage the day-to-day operations of either one of Flourish Australia’s new Resolve Centres, one located at Penrith, the other at Orange.
The positions are full-time management roles working Monday - Friday, and are remunerated at Level 5 on the SCHCADS award.
About the Resolve Program
The Resolve program is a unique mental health program that will provide alternative support for people with a mental health issue who present frequently to Emergency Departments and who spend long periods admitted to a mental health inpatient facility. The Resolve program supports people with complex support needs, and interacts with a range of services and sectors involved in their care.
The Resolve program is first and foremost an early intervention program, which aims to reduce the likelihood of people being admitted to a mental health inpatient unit. To achieve this aim, the Resolve program provides program participants with an opportunity to attend a short-term residential stay complemented with outreach support. The combination of these early intervention support pathways assists people to live well and stay well in the community without the need to attend a mental health inpatient unit.
About the Position
Reporting directly to the Resolve Program Manager, the Centre Manager will have direct responsibility for the delivery of the program at the local Resolve Centre, including the management and support of a team, care coordination, managing Centre operational and staff costs, and meeting Resolve program participant referral numbers and outcomes.
As Centre Manager with the Resolve program, you will support the Program Manager to ensure the program Model of Care is adhered to and that the Centre: -
- Provides personalised, flexible support to people who access the program
- Has effective care coordination and navigation achieved
- Has residential support in place that enables step-up and step-down with intensity flexibility in care as needs change
- Provides agreed pathways to accessing clinical supports through the LHD and private clinicians, including access to alcohol and other drug services.
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other Allied Health discipline.
- A minimum 2-year’s experience in a supervisory capacity in the mental health sector.
- Demonstrated engagement, collaboration and negotiation skills, with the capability to build and maintain positive working relationships across multiple sectors with a range of organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and how providing a recovery oriented service is of benefit to people.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Understanding of the Australian health care system, key issues in primary health care, the mental health service system, including the range of professionals that work within, or come into contact with, the mental health sector.
- Registered or eligible to register with AHPRA.
- A carer role or having a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated Experience working in CALD and/or Aboriginal communities.
- Demonstrated experience working in a community mental health residential setting.
- Relevant qualifications in frontline management.
For more information about this position, please review the Full Position Description
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of the larger providers of recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue in the community. This ranges from places that provide individual and group support and activities, to dedicated programs for specific areas of need
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Working together for optimal mental health and well-being, Flourish Australia values hope, inclusion, partnership, diversity, integrity, respect, trust.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
About the Benefits
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- SCHCADS Level 5
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Generous leave provisions including paid parental leave; and
- Career development opportunities.
For further information, please contact Andrew O'Brien, General Manager, Operations E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency, Working With Children Check, National Criminal Record checks and checks with work related referees.
Applications must be submitted online BEFORE 5pm on 19 July 2017 through the APPLY function.
Applications cannot be accepted via email.