- Do you have a lived experience of mental health issues and have participated in recovery processes?
- Do you want to work with a large Community Managed Organisation?
- Attractive remuneration
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Peer Worker to join our team in Hervey Bay.
The position is part-time working 20 hours per week and is classified Level 3 on the SCHCADS award.
About the Opportunities
As a Peer Worker, you will work in the community to support people accessing our services who have a lived experience of mental health issues to achieve their hopes and dreams. You will play an important part in assisting people to realise their goals. On a day to day basis you will:
- Listen to and create opportunities and activities that meet the interests and goals of people.
- Encourage shared learning experiences, and support skill development at every opportunity through self-directed learning, information and education.
- Ensure that individual support is provided to a person that accesses Flourish Australia services that meets their recovery journey goals and is strengths based and led by the person wherever possible.
- Be ‘hands on’ and involved in direct service delivery.
Peer Workers are required to use their lived experience of a mental health issue and personal recovery openly, appropriately and effectively to build professional relationships with the people they support that also experience a mental health issue.
Peer Workers will also use their lived experience to inform and contribute to staff learning, service understanding, and delivering person-led, strengths focused, recovery based language, documentation, training and actions. As a Peer Worker, you will also use your lived experience to work as an advocate on an individual basis and systemically (as required).
For more information about what it means to be a Peer Worker with Flourish Australia , please review the Position Description and the Peer Worker information statement “What You Should Consider Before Becoming A Peer Worker”.
Who we are
RichmondPRA is now Flourish Australia. Our new name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
Flourish Australia is one of the larger providers of recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue in the community. This ranges from places that provide individual and group support and activities, to dedicated programs for specific areas of need
With 60+ locations across New South Wales and Southern Queensland, we support over 4000 people with their recovery. People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Identify with a lived experience of mental health issues and maintain personal recovery values
- Entry level for graduates with a relevant degree in behavioural sciences or human services; or
- A relevant associate diploma or certificate qualification with relevant experience; or
- At least 1-years relevant experience in mental health attained through previous appointments
- A current Australian drivers licence;
- Current First aid certificate.
For further information, please contact Evan Fulton, Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging
- SCHCADS Level 3
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Generous leave provisions
- Career development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications must be submitted online BEFORE 6th October 2017, 5pm through the APPLY function.